Saturday, April 14, 2007

Rock & Gem Show

Today we went to the 46th Annual Mt. Baker Rock and Gem Show in Bellingham. It was a surprise for Callie & she LOVED it! She's always been a fan of rocks but has never seen them displayed like this. Rock heaven for sure!!!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Callie by a display of rocks ... EUREKA!
Tools for smoothing & polishing rocks.
This nice lady explained the step-by-step process about how they cut & polish rocks. The kids were both riveted!

2 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Looks like you had a rockin' good time! :} I am so funny. Really looks fun. Wish I was there.

angie said...

Rock and Gem Shows rock! Seriously! We go to the one here almost every year. I have my kids addicted to buying geodes. Do they have geodes up there where you are? I don't know if that's a regional thing or if it's "universal."

Did you buy lots of pretties???