Saturday, January 17, 2009

This Week's Happenings

Does anything about this picture disturb you (other than the fact that it IS feet?)??? My foot is on the left. Calob's foot is on the right. He's 14, I'm older than that. His feet are HUGE compared to mine. It just blows me away. I need to do this with Callie's foot too, just to compare. Maybe another day.
----------
Calob competed at a chess tourney last Saturday. He finished with 3 points. 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. He finished 16th in his division. It wasn't his best finish & he was pretty disappointed in himself but he learned something from his loss which makes it all worth it (in my opinion that is).
It's a draw
With his medal
----------
Callie - "Jammy day" at school
----------
Nalu

----------
On Friday, at her school, Callie participated in the
annual Martin Luther King Jr. assembly.

This is her reading her line. I know, I know, it's SUPER dark but I had no control over the lighting and therefore you get a DARK video. Hey, it's better than nothing & I think she did a GREAT job!!!


4 comments:

Judy said...

Well, I must say that the feet picture is quite interesting!

The chess pictures are great, and I was amazed to see how many kids were competing in the tourney.

And I love the video of Callie reading her line at the MLK assembly!

angie said...

Ok, if you are going to put pics of feet on your blog, you REALLY need to warn me. *gagging* Seriously. I can't look at the pic long enough to tell you anything.

But congrats to Calob on getting a medal and learning a lesson. Hopefully it will help with the next tourney!

Awesome job, Callie! And I wish we had jammie day at work. Like EVERY day. That would rock!

jkluginbill said...

You always knew his feet would be bigger...he is TALLER as well! :) He would look funny with tiny feet!

Congrats on the tourney. Learning something is always a good thing. Love jammie day! I NEED one of those...hmmm...maybe next weekend!

Nice job Callie! She is so good in front of an audience. :)

Happy Sunday all!

Sharon said...

You know what they say Big Feet, Big...........Hands!!

Congrats to both Calob and Callie!