Thursday, December 24, 2009

"O Holy Night"

Do you have a favorite Christmas carol? In our house, the choices are quite varied. Terence - "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" ... Calob - "Santa Clause Comes Tonight" ... Callie - "Silent Night" ... and mine is "O Holy Night." Something about that song touches me deep down in my soul. I'm not a super religious person (as you may or may not know) but at the right time and the right place, that song can literally bring me to my knees & to tears ... in a truly wonderful way.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
"Straight No Chaser" is an all-male a capella group we discovered on the radio one day. I LOVE a capella ... and these guys definitely bring a smile to my face. Hopefully they will for you too.

2 comments:

jkluginbill said...

I LOVE Straight No Chaser...awesome.

No favorite here. I love Christmas music...all of it all the time. It's a sickness, but Who Put the Stump is pretty great! (haha)

angie said...

My two favorites have always been "Away in a Manger" and "What Child is This." I remember learning "Away in a Manger" when I was about 4 for our church Christmas program. A newly discovered favorite is called "He Made A Way In A Manger." Nick (and the rest of the kids) sang it for our Christmas program this year at church...and it's one that gets me deep down. If you're not familiar with it, you can find it on youtube. Awesome song!