Sunday, August 17, 2008

A (Sweaty) Day at the Fair!

On Friday I took the kids to the fair for a bit even though it was just SO dang hot. We were sweating a LOT (so NOT attractive) but we were able to check everything out & I ate lots of ice. ☺ We ran into one of Calob's friends, Alex, who said he was getting ready to go to the dunk tank & he wanted Calob to come "try" to dunk him. Oh, if only he knew! HA Calob actually dunked him twice!!!

Callie giving it a try

This is Alex going down the 2nd time Calob dunked him!

So, when I left the fair w/the kids I went to get my van only to see that I was blocked in. Oh yes, just lovely huh? Well, Gord & Sharon were nice enough to wait with me until Terence could come to get me & the kids. While we waited Gord decided it would be a good idea to try to move the truck. Notice I'm not helping?!? Yeah, I know, that's a BIG surprise! HA ... I was the official picture taker.

Sharon in all her "bootylicious" glory ... and I ♥ the look on Gord's face!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I signed up to work the P.T.A. food booth for the 7-11 p.m. shift to raise money for D.I. We are NOT going to be getting funding as we have other years & are now responsible for funding pretty much everything every step of the way. Working the booth was a good opportunity to raise money. I really had NO idea what I was getting myself into. Wow, it was SO busy for at least the first 90 minutes that I couldn't even get a drink. There I was, taking orders in the blazing sun, dripping with sweat and TRYING oh so hard to be nice. I was very much out of my element. Oh well, I made it through & eventually even had a good time. Granted, that was once the shift was almost done & the customers stopped coming, but still. ☺
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sharon & Me
Starbuck's workers ... working hard or hardly working?!?
Jenny, Sharon & Me

3 comments:

angie said...

Remind me not to ever block you in.

Judy said...

I like Gord's idea of actually picking up the truck and moving it...hee hee. And the picture of Sharon and her "bootylicious" glory is a prize-winning shot!!!!

Sharon said...

I think that I just might be speechless. Gord seemed to enjoy the Bootylicious picture!