Monday, October 27, 2008

Soccer Season Ends!!!

Soccer season is over ... thank goodness! It is my favorite sport to watch my kids play BUT as fun as it is when it starts, it isn't nearly as fun as it ends. The weather starts to cool ... and then it starts to sprinkle. Not long after that it starts to get cold ... and it rains. Finally it is downright freezing & the wind is blowing & of course, there has to be some rain in there. I know, I know, we have the choice to not do it and I'm not saying that I want the kids to NOT play BUT I wish the weather was a bit nicer throughout the season. Is that asking too much??? So, Callie's team finished in last place & managed to chalk up a 0-3-6 season. What exactly does that mean you ask? Well, it's 0 wins, 3 ties & 6 losses. Wow, that's not very good. LOL On the other hand, poor Calob. Seriously! He's been playing since Kindergarten & has never been on a dominate team. This year, he breaks his wrist in the first half of the first game & can't play after that Saturday (I still can't believe he played the 2nd game with that wrist broken). His team ended up completely dominating & taking 1st place. They even got trophies. It's bittersweet ... all of it. If only, right? Oh well, the soccer season is done ... until next year!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
These pictures are from last Saturday (10/18) ...
* * * * * * * * * *
It was quite cold out which explains Callie's very cool gloves. Calob ... too cool! :)
"Hi Mom!"
SO determined!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
These pictures are from this Saturday (10/25)
* * * * * * * * * *
Callie's coach had the idea to let the girls sign each other's jerseys. They had quite a good time. Here's Mariah & Gillian signing Callie's.
Kelsey, Callie & Daria ... Pretty in Pink!
Going for it!
Calob with his head in the clouds.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I noticed that you mentioned that soccer was your favorite sport to watch your kids play. Isn't it the only sport that your kids play????

I loved the picture of Calob with his head in the clouds!! LOL

Judy said...

Great pictures of Callie and her soccer team, and the oh so cool Calob!

jkluginbill said...

Yay for soccer being over! I like the idea of signing shirts as well...we always did that in volleyball!

I love the head in the clouds pic! It reminds me of a GOTCHA shirt from the '80s..."Head in the clouds feet in the sand."