Friday, December 12, 2008

Callie as Clara in "The Nutcracker"

Callie had her dress rehearsal for "The Nutcracker" recital on Wednesday night. She was SO excited about all of it & didn't seem nervous. I, on the other hand, was VERY nervous. I wasn't nervous because I thought she wouldn't do a great job ... I was just nervous ... it's what I do. I took LOADS of pictures & had a terrible time narrowing them down so you'll just have to look at them all & love them. Simple, right? :) Yeah, I thought so too. In case you didn't know, Callie was asked to dance the part of Clara for the recital. She was honored & didn't even think twice. She's worked VERY hard in her extra rehearsals. She also danced with her regular class ... 2 different dances this year. She had a lot on her plate but did exceptionally well ... at least I think so & since I'm her mom then I obviously know! lol
- - - - -
Clara making her entrance ...
blurry but pretty
Clara & Fritz (or Callie & Oskar) checking out a
doll (aka Brooklyn)
Clara dancing with her Nutcracker



Clara alone on the stage ... fast asleep!
Baby mice that Clara is dreaming about.
Waking up after a bad dream!
The Nutcracker (Oskar) to the rescue
Russian Dance pictures



The only picture I got of the Chinese dance that
wasn't horrible ... and it didn't turn out great.

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Fantastic photos - even teh blurry ones. I like the Russian and Chinese costumes. Very original.

Callie makes a beautiful Clara. I am sure she did great. Callie is beautiful.

Oh. And the mice? They are adorable!

Judy said...

What beautiful pictures...Callie is gorgeous, and I'm sure she did a fantastic job as Clara. Not to mention the Russian and Chinese dances...wow, makes you kind of proud!

angie said...

Beautiful pics! I love the mice! How did you not take one of them home with you? LOL