Monday, December 15, 2008

Recital Nights 1 & 2 ... "The Nutcracker"

"The Nutcracker" 2008 for Callie's ballet studio is offically over. We made it through both performance nights with flying colors. Callie did FANTASTIC and really played the part of Clara well. She didn't crack under the pressure (even though I was practically hyperventilating back-stage). I'm so proud of her and how she handled it all. She's definitely a pro! I want to thank the friends that came to watch Callie. On Wednesday, dress rehearsal night, Andrea & Kelsey came & Sharon's whole family came. On Friday night, Eric from Terence's work came. On Saturday night, Catyler (remember her from D.I.?) and Dawn came. Callie SO appreciated those who came to watch & support her. As her mother, I appreciate it SO much as well!!! On Saturday night there weren't enough moms signed up so I could watch Callie dance the part as Clara (as I had to watch the rest of her class) so I asked Sharon if she would help me out & she very nicely agreed. I think she might have been rethinking this decision once she ventured outside & the winds were blowing oh so hard & it had started snowing. I truly can't express how grateful I am for Sharon helping me out. I was able to watch Callie dance the part of Clara on Saturday night because of YOU Sharon ... I love ya girl!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Oskar & Callie Friday night ...
before they were dressed as Fritz & Clara
Clara aka Callie Friday night
Oskar & Callie
aka
Fritz & Clara on Friday night
Oskar & Callie ... a bow & a curtsy
(Saturday night from backstage)
Callie
Callie dancing w/the Nutcracker
Callie asleep on the stage
& the little mice are dancing around her
Russian dance
Chinese dance
Saturday night's curtain call
Callie & Oskar
(see those white roses she's holding?
Oskar gave them to her
... on stage, in front of everybody!
It was great)!
Callie holding her flowers
Oskar gave her the white ones on her
right while Dawn & Catyler gave her the red ones
on her left ... lovely!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Callie deserves an award for her performance...it sounds fantastic, and she looks beautiful in her role as Clara. It was so nice of Oskar, and Dawn & Catyler, to give her the roses...that was very touching.

angie said...

Awww...how sweet to get flowers! And now I've totally forgotten anything else I was going to say. Dang it! I hate being old!

Did you kidnap any of those mice? I totally want one or two for Christmas. So cute!

jkluginbill said...

Fantastic. I hate that I missed it! Maybe a private performance? When I saw her in rehearsal I knew that she would be great...she is such a natural!

Pictures are great. She is so pretty! By the way, a lady who has a girl a few years behind Callie was at the museum on Friday night while I was working. She was talking about the show so I shared that I am Callie's (not very good) godmother :) and she told me how excited she was when she found out Callie was to be Clara. She kept saying how beautiful Callie is and how she thought she was the perfect Clara!

Beautiful girl. Beautiful roses. :)

Angie said...

Someone is raising that boy right! Way to go Callie..you looked gorgeous and I bet you did great! She's a star!