Saturday, February 07, 2009

Another Saturday ...

Today was a busy day for our family (except for me, of course). Callie had D.I., Calob had a chess tournament & Terence (and Gord) had D.I. appraiser training. I, on the other hand, had no plans. Lovely. In the end though, Sharon, Katie & I had lunch, watched Emily play a basketball game & did a wee bit of shopping. Overall it was a good day for our family.
- - - - -
Calob finished 8th overall (7th-12th grade division) out of 40+ kids today. He isn't satisfied with his results. In fact, he's still pretty upset about the first game (which he lost). The boy had a rating quite a bit lower than Calob's but as Calob says "he played masterfully" (the other boy, that is) ... and that's saying something. Calob lost the first & last game ... with 3 wins in between. Not his best finish but pretty good, especially considering he was competing in an older grade division this time.
- - - - -
Here he is with his trophy Nalu - just because he's cute

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I think that you did great Calob! You won 3 games, you won a trophy and you got to spend the day doing something that you love.

A pretty good day I think!

jkluginbill said...

I am sure Calob played his best. Just think about all of those people who can't even play at all (um...huh) - I think that he takes the risk to compete is awesome.

:)

Tessie said...

Its not if you win or lose its how you played the game Calob! Josh played Chess for a very long time as well. Great Job

Judy said...

Congratulations, Calob!! It's awesome that you competed with the older kids and did so well. I am very proud of you!!!!

Nalu is so pretty, and it looks just like he struck a pose for the picture!

angie said...

Well, I'M impressed with his finish, even if he's not. Hopefully if he meets up with that boy again, he'll destroy him on the chess board! HA! Good luck, Calob!