Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Howdy! We're Going To Texas!!!

We are FINALLY taking a family trip to Texas!!! I really do mean FINALLY! Terence & Callie have never met any of my family in Texas. Calob has, but was only 4 at the time so he doesn't remember. Texas is where both my parents grew up and where all my grandparents lived. I have 1 remaining grandparent, my MaMo, and I can't wait for her to meet my family. She is my dad's mom & she's something else. A true original who is never at a loss for words. :) We'll be staying at my Aunt Lainey & Uncle Sonny's place. They have been SO kind to me over the years ... putting me up whenever I've been in Texas and I couldn't be more grateful. They are the kind of family you hear about ... always there for you. After we had booked & planned our trip we got a surprise & my dad will be going at the same time as well! We'll have 4 generations together which thrills me more than I can say!!! We haven't seen my dad in a couple years & to see him, my MaMo and my aunt & uncle all at the same time ... PRICELESS!!! I'm including some pictures taken when my dad was there for Thanksgiving last year.
__________
This is my Dad
My MaMo
Uncle Sonny & Aunt Lainey

4 comments:

jkluginbill said...

How exciting. Fun family trip! Enjoy your grandmother and the rest of the family. I'm so happy for you - I really can't imagine not being surrounded by family - I am glad you will get a week's worth! :)

angie said...

Awesome! When does this trip take place? You aren't going to sit in the Dallas airport and call me again for a $250,000,000 roaming fee are you? If you do, I'm not going to talk but for 2 minutes this time.

Angie said...

How exciting for you and your family! Where in TX are you going?

Sharon said...

Yee Haw!!

Thanks for posting family pics!