Monday, March 09, 2009

Regional D.I. Competition

I haven't updated my blog in almost 2 weeks. I can sum up that time quite easily ... D.I. ... illness (both kids) ... and more D.I. There you go. That's what we have been up to ... what about you?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
On Saturday (the 7th) the Regional Destination Imagination competition was held for the North Sound Region. We left bright & early (ok, maybe not bright ... quite snowy to be honest) and headed to Lake Stevens. Callie's team was competing in the "Private D.I." challenge while Calob's team competed in the "Instinct Messaging" challenge. If you click on either of the challenge names you can read a little bit about them.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Calob & Callie were both on winning teams and are headed to state at the end of the month. We'll be making the drive to Wenatchee and having high hopes that the teams compete well & have awesome teamwork (which both teams had this weekend)!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I took over 250+ pictures but SO many of them didn't turn out. Here's a selection from each of the challenges my kids competed in.
-----
Callie's team "The Rockin' Rainbows"







Getting a clue from the S.O.D.
(Superstition Origin Detector)

-----
Calob's team







Doing the chicken dance

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations Calob and Callie!!

Hopefully we aren't driving to Wenatchee in the SNOW!!!

Judy said...

Calob and Callie did great...many kudos to them! I love the pictures, good job!

angie said...

Way to go! Those pics look interesting. Especially from Calob's group. lol

Congrats to both!

jkluginbill said...

Nice work Calob and Callie! On to STATE!!!! WoooHoooo!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

headed to state! whoop!
oKAY... that is awesome!

i really enjoyed the pics!