Friday, February 20, 2009

Jazz Dessert

Tuesday night there was a Jazz dessert to support the music program. The choir performed as did the jazz band. Since the last concert the boys & girls have split up into separate groups. The boys (all 5 of them) and the girls have been practicing separately. Tuesday night was the first night they performed like this. The boys actually did MUCH better than I thought they would. With only 5 boys and 3 of them 8th graders I just didn't think they'd be able to pull it off ... but they did remarkably well. They are going to start practicing with the girls again though, with the intentions of singing some songs boys only & some with the girls. I think that should work well ... and not put so much pressure on those 5 boys.
----------
I'm posting the pictures I took in black & white because the lighting was horrible & the pictures are all yellow ... very yellow. So here you go.
-----
Calob - my handsome boy
Alex, Andrew, Billy, Calob & Gio
Calob singing his mini solo
(which he didn't even tell me about beforehand)
Calob taking a bow

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Yay, Calob! I'm sorry that we couldn't make it to hear him sing.

Judy said...

How impressive that Calob had a solo...good job, Calob!! And he is indeed a handsome young man.

angie said...

LOL, how typical of a boy to not tell his mother that he has a solo. Congrats on that, though. And what a nice surprise for you, right???