Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hanging in the Country ...

We've been busy these last few days which explains why I haven't updated.
--------------------
On Tuesday we headed to the area where both my parents grew up. While we were there we saw the house my Grannie & PaPo raised their kids in (my moms parents) and we also visited the cemetery where my 3 grandparents are buried. We also picked up Tommy, my 2nd cousin, and he toured the area with us & proved to be a very knowledgable tour guide. It was GREAT to see Tommy & visit the stomping grounds of my parents. The kids didn't really enjoy it much (Ariel said all we did was drive around & look at goats) but it meant
a lot to me and the other adults.
--------------------
Yesterday we went to the Alamo & the Riverwalk. We were all pretty disappointed in the Alamo but at least now we can say, "Been there, done that." The Riverwalk was fun. Lots of shop, lots of water, etc. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe & then headed home. We basically chilled for the evening.
Today my MaMo is bringing over lunch in a bit & we're just going to spend the day relaxing & enjoying each other's company. It's really our last hurrah because Donna & her family leave tomorrow afternoon.
--------------------
We've very much enjoyed our time & I'm SO glad we came!!! I'll be posting bunches of pictures, probably on Sunday, for you to peruse and enjoy.

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Sounds like a fun, full week! I remember a trip to Arizona - one of the places my mom grew up...it was "in the van out of the van..in...out..." all day! As a kid I barely tolerated it, but my parents (and aunts) had so much fun. I can understand it now!

Your kitties will be glad to see you!

angie said...

Every day on my way home, I drive past a field of goats and I always shout, "GOATS!" Yes, I am by myself and I also do it when others are with me. Goats are cute and fun! I want to stop and pet them and play with them but I'm afraid the owner will call the police on me. And I don't want/need to be a front-page story.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything you've written, but I had a burning desire to tell you about it anyway. I'm sure your neice would LOVE to ride with me, wouldn't she??? LOL

Sharon said...

Sounds like you're having a good time and enjoying your family.

I can't wait to see the pics when you get back!