Sunday, April 05, 2009

Chillin' In Texas ...

We're hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! We made it to Texas with only a little drama. Our flight from Seattle to Dallas was actually a bit early but another plane was at our gate so we had to wait ... and wait ... and wait. We waited for about 30 minutes. It was horrible. That was supposed to be our dinner time but it turned out there was barely time to get off our plane, run through the terminal to the next gate & it was time to board the next plane. Whew, we did make it though, so that was good. The flights were smooth & everything was ok. Once we got off the plane we were greeted by my dad ... and he got the best birthday
present ever ... ME!!! he he
----------
Today we've done a lot of hanging out. We went to eat some BBQ and then to H.E.B.
----------
On another note entirely, I had reserved a mini-van for my family of 4, my dad, and my sister & niece. We found out last night as we were getting off the plane in San Antonio that my brother-in-law, Bill, is coming too. Yippeeeee ... but what to do with a 7-seater van and 8 people??? So I asked at the rental counter (love Alamo) if they had any mini-vans that seat 8 people. He said that they didn't even have any mini-vans ... pardon me? I was ready to raise some hell (keep in mind, it's been a lllooonnnggg day & it's midnight at that point) but he then informed me that they did have a 15-seater ... 1-ton Ford Econoline ... OMG! So yeah, I took it but I'm basically driving a bus. lol It's pretty funny ... be jealous. ☺
----------
The weather isn't as hot as expected - at least not yet. It's SUPER windy though ... which isn't exactly friendly to my curly, frizzy hair.
I love hairspray ... LOTS!
----------
OK, I'm going to zone out & relax my brain
... until later ...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you made it safely without too much drama.

What is H.E.B.?

The only other thing I have to say ~ The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round....

angie said...

Glad you made it there safe and sound. Enjoy your time as bus driver.