Friday, May 01, 2009

Tulips Everywhere!!!

This past Sunday we made our annual trek to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. The tulips bloomed late this year because of our late spring but they were definitely worth the wait. I have to say, I am NOT a flower person, but I definitely appreciate the fields of gorgeous colors. I just love it!
-----
I've recently started "talking" to my cousin, Justin, via Facebook. He & his family live near Bellevue and wanted to meet up with us at the tulip festival. This is a younger cousin who I haven't seen in about 25+ years so I was thrilled to be able to "meet" him again & meet his family. It was great to catch up & see who he is now - as an adult (weird). Last time we saw each other I was taller than him ... no more. Not even close! lol
- - - - - - - - - -
Our family picture
Justin's family
Juene, Justin, Eva & Amie (who is pregnant)
Callie & Calob
Me & Terence
Calob, Eva, Callie & Juene
Juene ... so cute
After we left the tulip festival we decided to head to Bob's Burger & Brew, just outside of Burlington, to hang out some more & eat. It really was a great day. Eva & Callie seemed to really hit it off as well.

Juene, Justin & me ... Justin is SO tall!!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Aren't you the poster lately!! LOL It's cool to reconnect and hang out with family.

I truly need to make it to the Tulip Festival one year!

jkluginbill said...

Beautiful pictures and how fun to connect with long-lost (and tall haha) family!

Lovely!

Judy said...

I always love the tulip pictures, and these are great. It's so neat that Justin and his family got to come up for the tulip festival too.

angie said...

Pretty pics and neat story!