Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tuesday Sweets

Jerrie & I went to town yesterday with a plan
... to eat sweet treats.
We succeeded.
° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °
We started at Rocket Donuts. We'd talked about going before but never made it together. Jerrie had gone ... but yesterday was my first time. They have a donut with bacon on it. Ewwwww. We didn't get one of those. I got a glazed donut (seriously, what's better than a glazed donut) and a cinnamon crumb cake. They were good. Not fabulous but good. I also drank a blackberry Izze ... yummy. Jerrie had a latte & a bismark.
The atmosphere/decor is interesting. Apparently there's information about it on the website. I didn't read it beforehand. Maybe if I had I wouldn't have been so surprised by what I saw inside. lol
We then shopped at odd stores here & there before we ended our day at Katie's Cupcakes. We've been before but yesterday they had a hummingbird cupcake which HAD to be tried. It was ok but it was not nearly as good as the hummingbird cupcakes they have a Trophy Cupcakes. Don't get me wrong though ... if I went to Katie's again, I'd have it ... but I'd know it wasn't going to knock my socks off. And that's ok. :)

4 comments:

jkluginbill said...

It was a fun and sweet day. Thanks for accompanying me! :) (it took arm twisting...haha)...

I think you are right about the hummingbird, if you'd never had Trophy's this one would be great! :)

Judy said...

Those donuts & cupcakes looks so yummy, and Rocket Donuts looks like a neat place. What a fun day!

angie said...

I licked the screen when Jerrie posted her pics, so now I'm doing it again. Wish I could actually TASTE the donuts, though. 'Cept for that crumb on. You can have it. I want Jerrie's Bismark.

Sharon said...

I'm not into Si-Fi so I think that I could give Rocket Donuts a skip but I love the picture of the last cupcake and I will have to visit Katie's cupcakes one day. Maybe they're as sweet as my daughter ~ LOL!!