Monday, March 30, 2009

State D.I. Tourney

The past few weeks have been filled with lots of little things but the big things in our lives was D.I. Both kids had lots of practices to fine-tune their challenges since the Regional competition. I could give you details but I'll spare you ... seriously. I'm sorry I haven't posted more often ... I really don't have a good excuse ... so, my bad! lol
----------
Calob's team actually improved their skit & props for the State competition. They did a great job & ended with a 4th place finish. They were all hoping for a better finish but I feel (and so does Calob) that they finally came together as a team & that's invaluable!!!
----------
Here's a team picture
Matt, Hayley, Tara, Austin, Lyndsey & Calob
(with Mitch on the ground)
Another team picture but their coach, Tiffany, is in this one too ... she did a great job with the kids this year!!! I don't know if Callie's team made any drastic changes in their challenge between Regionals and State but they did practice LOTS!
----------
Team picture
Kira, Catyler, Kelsey, Callie, Emily, Makenna & Liz
With their Coach, Mrs. R., who we all love dearly!
After MUCH stiff competition Callie's team took first place (again) and are now headed to the Global competition held in Knoxville in May. If you had watched the girls at any of their practices you would wonder how in the world they won ... and we ALL wondered that ... but somehow they pulled it off. Congrats to the whole team ... on to Globals we go!!!

4 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Way to go Calob and Callie!

Lions off to Knoxville again! Way to represent!

Judy said...

Great pictures of the DI teams! Good job, Callie and Calob!

Keep up the winning spirit in Knoxville!

angie said...

WOOHOO kids! Best wishes in Knoxville again!

Sharon said...

Fun Times!!! Here we go again!!

I really like the last picture.