Friday, April 03, 2009

♥♥♥ Saying Good-Bye to Nalu ♥♥♥

♥ Nalu 4/19/1997 - 4/3/2009 ♥
*****
There really are no words to express how I'm feeling right now. We had to say good-bye to a dear family member today - Nalu. His kidneys were failing & we had to put him out of his misery ... we did not want him to suffer. Needless to say, we're all a mess. I stayed with him the whole time because I didn't want him to be alone. His vet was SUPERB! She actually came in on her day off, just for him. She remembered him with me & she even cried with me. It was horrible & heartbreaking ... I miss him SO much already!!! I'm posting a bunch of pictures ... most of which you've already seen, I'm sure. Nalu will continue to greet you each time you come to my blog (the picture at the top) ... R.I.P. Nalu ... we love you!!!
*****
Taken yesterday, by Callie
*****
Sunning himself
High on catnip
Taken about 1 month ago
The center of attention ... always!
Looking at me outside
Relaxing
Stretched from the couch to the coffee table
Telling us he's hungry
All curled up


This is what I will miss most ... waking up to find Nalu laying somewhere on me. Relaxing on the couch or bed and having Nalu come to lay on my hip, legs or stomach. I will miss how much he wanted to be WITH me ... all the time. I will miss you Nalu!!!

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

I am so sorry. Words cannot express.

We will all miss Nalu. I can't believe he won't be there tomorrow when I go see the others. I know how you felt last November now!

I believe he is lounging with Horton somewhere in kitty heaven...high on the nip and purring away.

Take care.

Judy said...

Sweet Nalu...I love the pic Callie took last night...that says it all. They are all such good pictures of him. I am loving & missing Nalu.

Sharon said...

Goodbye Nalu. He made such pretty pictures and had the best eyes.

I'm sorry you and your family have to go through such sadness and I know that he will be sorely missed.