Thursday, July 16, 2009

Worship Dance @ V.B.S.

Callie & her friend Makenna have been attending Vacation Bible School each evening this week. It's not a church any of us attend (although Jenny does, "Hi Jenny!") but they offered a totally new & fun program this year. They had a huge list of activities the kids could do. They then chose 8 things and ranked them 1-8, with #1 being the thing they most wanted to do. Then we found out the 4 things they got to do when we took them for the first night. Monday night they did Digital Photography. Tuesday night they did Worship Dance. Last night was Beaded Jewelry. Tonight is Cake Decorating. It's such a huge array of things but so much fun to try new things. As it happened, the Worship Dance that Callie did was taught be her very own ballet teacher, Miss Heather. I wasn't able to see them perform their dance at the end of the night but Terence made sure to record it for me. They did a GREAT job - especially considering they had about 90 minutes to learn the dance. Beautiful for sure!!!

Just in case you didn't know, Callie is the one in black
leggings & the purple and blue shirt.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad she's having a good time. It sounds like they had plenty of activities to choose from and lots of fun for sure!

angie said...

I'm not sure I could remember all the steps to that dance if I had 90 days. haha Great job, kids!

Do I get some of the cake she's going to make?

Judy said...

I loved getting to see the worship dance, and the girls did a great job! The VBS sounds like fun with all the activities....I'm sure Callie liked making the beaded jewelry. :)