Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Ragnar Relay Success!

A month ago, July 24-25 (yes, I'm bad), Terence competed in his 3rd Ragnar Relay. His team did great again this year! They finished 4th overall AND 2nd in their division!!! Super fantastic! Here are some team pictures.
After the run ... they're all still standing! Yay!
----------
On July 29th, we had record heat. I know, people will talk about how hot it is/was where they live and while I don't disagree, this was record-setting heat here. Let's just say, the hottest days EVER! So that means something! Most people here don't have a/c and aren't prepared for heat like this. I felt pretty bad for Tamara too. She was definitely suffering. Someone suggested (I think it was Jerrie) trying a frozen washcloth. Who knows if she liked it or not, but we did try it.
----------
Close-up of Leo's rocks ... nice & colorful
Callie & I watched "Jaws 3-D" yesterday

2 comments:

Judy said...

Congrats to Terence and his team on the Ragnar Relay...great job!!

Poor Tamara having to endure that heat. I hope she liked the frozen washcloth, it must have felt good. And since it's 94 degrees here now (!), I think I need one too!

Love the pic of Cheryl & Callie in the 3D glasses, and the pic of Leo's rocks.

angie said...

Awesome job on the race!

I do feel for y'all up there when you talk about the heat because of the lack of a/c. I could NOT live without mine and I have no idea how you endure it because I would go stark screaming mad. I'm not even joking. There would be knives involved, I'm sure.