Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meet Leo ... and a few other things

Obviously I'm just a smidge behind on posting about all the happenings in our lives. I fell out of the habit & am struggling to get back into the habit. I'll work on it this week ... hopefully!
----------
One night, while talking to Donna on the phone,
I saw this "scene" in my dish drainer.
Should I be worried? You be the judge! lol
This is Callie before we went out for her family birthday meal @ Red Robin's. The dress is from Grandma Sachi (T's mom) who bought it for her when we were in Hawaii last.
The day before Callie's birthday, she had a special birthday lunch, with her "special" friend Oskar. You may remember when she danced with him at the recital ... or when she received a special gift from him ... they're adorable together!!! He bought her lunch (at her restaurant of choice, which happened to be McD's ... lol) and gave her a gift. Priceless!
-----
I love the look on her face in this one.
I wish Oskar wasn't blurry, but she's holding
the bracelet he gave her
Oskar & Callie
Here is Callie's new fish, Leo. He isn't purple (as we expected her to pick out) but when we went to PetSmart, this was the one she wanted. He's a Crowntail Betta ... and he's actually quite colorful. I don't know that this picture really does him justice but it's more difficult than I thought it would be, to get a good shot of him.

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

I'm hoping back to get to the blogging thing when school starts...this has been a nutty summer.

Love the pics of Callie and Oskar. I can't believe that she's the big one oh! Holy heck! Where did time go?

Love her beta...they're my fave!

Judy said...

I love the picture of Leo...what a pretty fish! And all the birthday pictures are great, and the ones of Callie and Oskar are so sweet!

angie said...

So nice to meet Mr. Leo! Callie's dress is beautiful! I love it! What a sweet thing to go to lunch with her friend. :) Cute!

Now. About Barbie. Obviously she needed some time away from everything and YOU interrupted! Thank goodness she got her "blanket" in place just in the nick of time, it appears. Please try to be more courteous next time. The life of Barbie may appear to be all fun and glamour, but it's very difficult to live under a microscope like she does.