Friday, December 04, 2009

Are You On A Boat?!? I Was ...

Anybody who knows me at all knows that I am not a big boat person. Or a big water person. Or a big dress person. Or a big make-up person. Or a big party person. Or a big social person. So, you put all those things together & I panic. Eek!
----------
Terence brought home the invitation for his work holiday party and I was not a happy camper. Not only was there a party ... but this party was on a boat ... on the water ... and the boat was going to move. I immediately felt sick to my stomach. I had visions of us hitting an iceberg & going down fast ... kind of like the Titanic. I know you think that's silly but that's definitely how my mind works. Dark & twisty.
----------
Anyway, usually we can't attend the holiday party because it conflicts with Callie's ballet recitals and we wouldn't miss those. Well, it seems that was a busy time for lots of people so they purposely scheduled the party for November this year so more people could make it. Including us. Lucky us. Anyway, I shopped my butt off (seriously) for a dress, heels & accessories. I'm not a good shopper. Of course, when I'm looking for something, that's when I can't find it. I ended up with 5 dresses, 4 pairs of heels and LOTS of jewelry. Yep, like I said, I'm not a good shopper. I appreciate my friends, especially Jenny, for their support during the shopping process.
----------
Here are the pictures, the proof really
(a bunch of different ones the kids took),
of me dressed up and on a boat.
Don't expect to see this again. ☺
From the other side
Me
My super groovy green coat!
Me, Marie & Zadian ...
on the boat ... not sinking ...
and not dead. Go figure. ☺

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You both looked very nice and I think it's fun to get all snazzy every once in a while!!!

jkluginbill said...

You looked very nice. Both of you! :)

No special thanks to Jerrie? Well, that is it!!! No more Seattle shopping with you!

I like the dress. Well, I liked the *other* dress (the super fancy-dancy one), but I kinda knew you wouldn't wear it! ;)

Hopefully they will keep the party early so you can always attend. New year, new dress!

Judy said...

All the shopping for the right dress & shoes, and getting all dolled up for the party, may not be your thing, but you did it beautifully. You and Terence look great, and all the pictures are so pretty.

angie said...

You both look bee-youuuuuuu-tiful! And I am so glad you didn't hit an iceberg. Especially since I don't think you have any that are really that close. But, there's always the possibility of a rouge-berg showing up and spoiling all the fun, so you were right to worry about that.